Accom Thailand

May 27, 2008

China earthquake death toll rises to 67,183 today – จีน เร่งอพยพประชาชนหนีภัยพิบัติ ที่อาจจะเกิดขึ้นครั้งใหม่

จีนมีคำสั่งอพยพประชาชนประมาณ 1 แสนคนหนีภัยพิบัติที่อาจจะเกิดขึ้นครั้งใหม่ หลังจากระดับน้ำในทะเลสาบ ที่ก่อตัวขึ้นใหม่หลังเกิดแผ่นดินไหวอย่างรุนแรง สูงจนถึงระดับที่เป็นอันตราย โดยขณะนี้ทหารจีนกำลังทำงานตลอด 24 ชั่วโมงเพื่อขุด ทางน้ำไหลลดแรงกดดัน ที่อาจจะทำให้เกิดน้ำท่วมครั้งใหญ่เป็นอันตรายต่อชีวิต ประชาชนที่อาศัยอยู่ใกล้เคียง

ขณะเดียวกันยังคงเกิดอาฟเตอร์ช็อค หรือแรงสั่นสะเทือนหลังแผ่นดินไหว ทางภาคตะวันตกเฉียงใต้ของจีนอีก เมื่อช่วงบ่ายที่ผ่านมาวันนี้ ซึ่งแรงสั่นสะเทือนวัดได้ 5.4 ริคเตอร์รู้สึกได้ในเมืองเฉินตู เมืองเอกของมณฑลเสฉวน และอีก 30 นาทีต่อมาเกิด อาฟเตอร์ช็อควัดได้ 5.7 ในมณฑลส่านซีที่อยู่ใกล้เคียง แรงสั่นสะเทือนยังรู้สึกได้ในเมืองซีอาน แต่ยังไม่มีรายงานความเสียหายหรือผู้ได้รับบาดเจ็บ

สำหรับยอดผู้เสียชีวิตจนถึงขณะนี้อยู่ที่ 67,183 คน แต่คาดว่าจะสูงขึ้นอีกเพราะยังมีผู้สูญหายอีก 20,790 คน และมีผู้ได้รับบาดเจ็บเกือบ 362,000 คน.

China earthquake death toll rises to 67,183 by Tuesday noon
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-05/27/content_8263165.htm

BEIJING, May 27 (Xinhua) — The death toll from China’s May 12 earthquake increased by more than 2,100 to 67,183 as of midday Tuesday, according to the Information Office of the State Council.

A total of 361,822 people were injured and 20,790 others are missing in the 8.0-magnitude quake that struck the southwestern Sichuan Province on May 12.

More than 45.61 million people were affected and about 15 million have been relocated, according to the office.

As of 7 p.m. on Monday, the quake had left 66,674 dead and 350,133 injured in Sichuan alone. A total of 83,988 people had been rescued and more than 6.7 million had been relocated.

A total of 64,719 bodies had been buried in the province.

Hospitals have treated 84,810 injured, of whom 54,374 have been discharged, while 16,288 remain hospitalized and 6,363 have been transferred to other parts of the country for treatment.

As of Monday, disaster relief workers had relocated 698,302 people to safe areas and dug 6,541 survivors from ruined buildings.

By Tuesday noon, Beichuan Township still had no electricity. The power in Jiangyou and Pengzhou counties had been restored.

Meanwhile, 566,400 tents had been delivered to quake-affected areas as of Tuesday noon, the Ministry of Civil Affairs said.

More than 3.5 million quilts and 8.34 million items of clothing had been sent to the quake-hit region, it added.

About 450,000 tonnes of fuel and 940,000 tonnes of coal were also sent to the region, it said.

As of Monday, 1,600 temporary homes had been set up in the quake zone and 4,000 were under construction.

By Tuesday, 29,523 kilometers of the 32,939 kilometers of damaged roads had been repaired.

No aftershocks measuring at or above 4 on the Richter scale have been monitored in southwest Sichuan Province from Monday noon to midday Tuesday, while 226 very feeble shocks below magnitude 3.9 were detected in the area, the China Seismological Bureau reported.

However, two fresh aftershocks struck earthquake-hit areas in southwest China on Tuesday afternoon.

A 5.4-magnitude aftershock hit Qingchuan County in Sichuan Province at about 4:03 p.m. and another 5.7-magnitude aftershock hit neighboring Ningqiang County in Shaanxi Province, according to the China National Seismological Network.

As of 2 p.m. on Tuesday, donations from home and abroad to China’s quake-hit regions had reached 32.7 billion yuan (4.67 billion U.S. dollars), up 1.8 billion yuan from the previous day, the Information Office said.

So far, 9.4 billion yuan in cash and relief materials had been forwarded to the earthquake-affected areas.

The government disaster relief fund for quake-stricken areas had hit 19.2 billion yuan as of 2 p.m. on Tuesday, up 2.6 billion yuan from the previous day, figures from the office showed.

The fund included 15.13 billion yuan from the central budget and 4.09 billion yuan from the local budget.

Two fresh aftershocks hit China quake zones
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-05/27/content_8263950.htm

CHENGDU, May 27 (Xinhua) — Two fresh aftershocks struck earthquake-hit areas in China Tuesday afternoon, as the nationwide death toll from a massive quake two weeks ago has risen to 67,183.

A 5.4-magnitude aftershock hit Qingchuan County in Sichuan Province at about 4:03 p.m. and another 5.7-magnitude aftershock hit the neighboring Ningqiang County in Shaanxi Province, according to the China National Seismological Network.

The two aftershocks were also felt in the Sichuan provincial capital Chengdu, Shaanxi provincial capital Xi’an, and parts of neighboring Chongqing Municipality and Gansu Province.

No casualties have been reported so far.

“Many citizens rushed to streets from their homes,” a resident surnamed Feng in Xi’an said.

Qingchuan was also the epicenter of a 6.4-magnitude aftershock on Sunday afternoon, which was the strongest aftershock since May 12 when an 8.0-magnitude earthquake struck Sichuan’s Wenchuan County. At least eight people have been confirmed dead and hundreds of others injured in the aftershock.

As of Tuesday noon, the death toll from the May 12 quake had increased by more than 2,100 to 67,183, another 361,822 people were injured and 20,790 were missing, according to the Information Office of the State Council.

More than 45.61 million people were affected in the devastating quake, and about 15 million have been evacuated.

In terms of the intensity and scope of destruction, the May 12 quake is believed to have surpassed the 7.8-magnitude quake in 1976 in Tangshan, northern Hebei Province, which claimed more than240,000 lives.  

5.4-magnitude aftershock hits China quake zone
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-05/27/content_8263242.htm
CHENGDU, May 27 (Xinhua) — A 5.4-magnitude aftershock struck southwest

China’s Sichuan Province Tuesday afternoon.

The latest aftershock hit Qingchuan County at about 4:03 p.m., and the China National Seismic Network located the epicenter at 32.7 north latitude and 105.6 east longitude. The aftershock was strongly felt in the provincial capital Chengdu.

It was also felt in parts of neighboring Gansu and Shaanxi provinces, and many citizens rushed to streets from their homes, witnesses said.

A 6.4-magnitude aftershock, the biggest since May 12 when the 8.0-magnitude earthquake hits Sichuan, struck Qingchuan on Sunday afternoon.

Thousands of aftershocks have been reported in the province after the massive quake.

ปรับปรุงจาก ข่าวของ สำนักข่าวกรมประชาสัมพันธ์ – Xinhua


ใช้ [ปุ่มถอยหลัง] ของเว็บบราวเซอร์ เพื่อกลับมาที่นี่ จากข้อมูลเชื่อมโยงด้านล่าง
Use Browser [Back] Button Return to Here from URL Below

Leave a Comment »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: